- James A. Gingrich -- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the firm's sell-side research subsidiary, Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., LLC -- will assume the role of Chief Operating Officer of AllianceBernstein, effective immediately.
- Robert P. van Brugge, Global Director of Research at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., LLC, will succeed Mr. Gingrich as Chairman and CEO of Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., LLC.
- Robert M. Keith, Co-Head of Institutional and Retail Distribution, will assume sole responsibility for client service, sales and marketing in those channels, globally.
- Lawrence Cohen, Chief Technology Officer, will head both Technology and Operations.
- The firm's current Chief Operating Officer, David A. Steyn, and Co-Head of Institutional and Retail Sales and Marketing, Gregory J. Tencza, will be leaving the firm effective January 3, 2012. The director of operations, Richard G. Taggart, will be leaving the firm on January 31, 2012.
AllianceBernstein Announces Organizational Changes To Streamline Management
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.