10 Best Funds for Long-Term Investors
Expense Ratio: 0.15%
Rated "C+" by TheStreet Ratings:
3. iShares S&P 500 Index FundiShares S&P 500 Index Fund (IVV) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of S&P 500 index. The index measures the performance of the large-capitalization sector of the U.S equity market. The fund uses a replication strategy to try to track the Index, which includes approximately 78% of the market capitalization of all publicly traded U.S equity securities. The stocks in the index are selected according to the total market value of their outstanding shares. Expense Ratio: 0.09% Load: 0.00% Rated "C" by TheStreet Ratings:
2. SPDR S&P 500 ETF TrustSPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY) is comprised of the 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index, which is designed to capture the price performance of a large cross-section of the U.S publicly traded stock market. The main objective of the fund is to replicate the total return of the S&P 500 Index. The SPDR Trust, Series 1 seeks to match the total return of the S&P 500 Index. To accomplish this, the trust utilized a full replication approach. With this strategy, all 500 securities of the S&P 500 Index are owned by the Trust in their approximate market capitalization weight. Expense Ratio: 0.09% Load: 0.00% Rated "C" by TheStreet Ratings:
1. Vanguard 500 Index ETFVanguard 500 Index ETF (VOO) seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of large-capitalization stocks. The fund employs a "passive management" approach designed to track the performance of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. Expense Ratio: 0.06% Load: 0.00% Rated "C-" by TheStreet Ratings:
How We Rate FundsTheStreet Ratings condenses the available fund performance and risk data, including penalties for load charges, into a single composite opinion of each fund's risk-adjusted performance. This allows the unbiased identification of those funds that have historically done well and those that have underperformed the market. While there is no guarantee of future performance, these investment ratings provide a solid framework for making informed, timely investment decisions. In order to qualify for a rating, an open-end fund must either have three years of risk and return data or be an additional share class of an existing fund with at least three years of performance statistics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV