Leader in Emerging Market Closed-End Funds Aberdeen's subsidiaries (the "Aberdeen Group") have managed U.S. registered closed-end funds since December of 2000. In addition to being one of the largest pure stand-alone asset management houses investing in the Asia-Pacific region, Aberdeen Group is the largest manager of emerging market closed-end funds offered around the world by both value and number.
With the addition of The Asia Tigers Fund, Inc., the Aberdeen Group now directly manages eleven U.S. exchange-listed closed-end funds, one Canadian investment company, and serves as investment sub-advisor to two other closed-end funds managed by First Trust Advisors L.P. Aberdeen's closed-end funds available to North American investors are:
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAX)
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Investment Company Limited (TSX: FAP)
- Aberdeen Australia Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IAF)
- Aberdeen Chile Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: CH )
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Telecommunications and Infrastructure Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ETF )
- Aberdeen Global Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FCO)
- Aberdeen Indonesia Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IF )
- Aberdeen Israel Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ISL )
- Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: LAQ)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Global Opportunity Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAM)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Emerging Opportunity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FEO)
- The Asia Tigers Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GRR)
- The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN)
- The Singapore Fund, Inc. (NYSE: SGF)
"Closed-end funds, one of the oldest types of investment vehicles, have been a key focus of Aberdeen since the firm was founded. We feel that our familiarity with their structure, coupled with our extensive experience and presence in the Asia-Pacific region, will help deliver long-term investment opportunities to the shareholders of The Asia Tigers Fund," concluded Mr. Young.
Closed-end funds, unlike open-end funds, are not continuously offered. Closed-end funds generally have a one-time initial public offering and then shares are subsequently traded on the secondary market through a stock exchange. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares may be worth more or less than the original cost. Shares of closed-end funds may trade above (a premium) or below (a discount) the net asset value (NAV) of the fund's portfolio. Shares of closed-end funds frequently trade at a discount from the net asset value. The price of a fund's shares is determined by a number of factors, several of which are beyond the control of the fund. Therefore, the Fund cannot predict whether its shares will trade at, below or above net asset value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV