IndexIQ Closing Doors on ETF Trio
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- This week, fund sponsor IndexIQ announced that it was closing the doors on three of its funds: the IndexIQ Japan Mid Cap ETF (RSUN); the IndexIQ Hong Kong Small Cap ETF (HKK) and the IndexIQ Taiwan Small Cap ETF (TWON). According to the company's press release, the funds' final day of trading will be Friday, Dec. 23. Those who opt not to sell by this date will have their shares redeemed on Dec. 30.
IndexIQ is an example of a company that has taken a traditional route to gaining entrance into the ETF realm. Rather than following Vanguard's lead and taking part in the ongoing ETF price wars, this firm has opted to launch funds that provide investors with exposure to previously untapped market corners. Thanks to products such as the IndexIQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI), and RSUN, the company has become known in the ETF realm as a pioneer for both hedge-fund mimicking and style-focused international exchange-traded products.
Unfortunately, as we see from this recent closure announcement, it takes more than a good idea to get a new ETF off the ground.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV