Inhibitex (INHX) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of differentiated anti-infective products to prevent or treat serious infections. This stock is trading up 8.5% at $11.33 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2,977,000Average Volume: 2,627,890 Volume % Change: 115% This stock is soaring today after Canaccord said it would be aggressive buyers of INHX due to the overreaction in shares following Pharmasset's (VRUS) PSI-938 clinical developments. Canaccord rated the stock a buy with a $22 price target. From a technical standpoint, INHX is starting to trend back above its gap down day high of $10.45 on heavy volume today. Traders should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close above $10.45 to signal that this stock wants to continue to fill the gap back towards $14. Keep in mind that this stock just bounced big off its pre-market low of near $5 from that huge gap down day last week. That's an over 100% run now for INHX, so profit-taking could easily hit this stock at any moment. Inhibitex shows up on a list of 13 Biotech Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds in the most recently reported quarter and is one of Five Drug Stocks Winners of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV