ATLANTA, Dec. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Concurrent received US Patent 8,079,052 for groundbreaking ad insertion technology
- Technology enables ad segments to be presented in VOD, time-shifted TV, and NDVR content while trick (fast forward and rewind) functions are in progress
- Provides an alternative to trick mode restriction as a way to preserve advertising revenue
- Provides new opportunities for revenue generation through advanced advertising in interactive video content
Concurrent (NASDAQ: CCUR), a worldwide leader in video and media data solutions, was issued a patent for its development of technology that presents advertisements while consumers fast forward and rewind network DVR, time-shifted TV, and video-on-demand programming. This technology provides a way for operators to protect advertising revenue without restricting consumers' control of video content. For applications, such as network DVR, trick mode advertising is a valuable tool that can help ensure the linear ad programming is preserved even when consumers have interactive playback control over TV content.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110317/CL67141LOGO) "Concurrent continues to build our portfolio of patents related to network DVR and interactive video delivery," said Bob Chism, chief technology officer for Concurrent. "We believe network DVR services will be embraced by operators as a core multi-screen service offering, an area in which Concurrent is an innovative leader. Thanks to our R&D team's vision and diligence, our customers will have a new way to generate revenue through video advertising, and to address advertisers' desire to preserve ad viewership." The technology within patent #8,079,052 enables ad segments to be inserted into trick files. Trick files are used to enable fast forward and rewind features on VOD, time-shifted TV, and network DVR systems. Using Concurrent's unique methodology, specialized ad content or trick mode specific ad content can be inserted into the trick file. This ad content will be presented to consumers while they are controlling the playback of their interactive video content, such as when they are fast forwarding through a commercial break while watching time-shifted TV programming.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV