Block & Leviton LLP Investigates ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.'s Board Of Directors For Possible Breaches Of Fiduciary Duty
BOSTON, Dec. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Block & Leviton LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("ISTA" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: ISTA) breached their fiduciary duties by rejecting an offer from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. ("Valeant") (NASDAQ: VRX) to acquire the Company in a proposed transaction valued at $327 million.
The investigation centers on whether ISTA's Board of Directors protected shareholder interests, and properly maximized shareholder value, when it refused Valeant's offer to acquire the Company for approximately $6.50 per share, representing a hefty premium to ISTA's shareholders of approximately 67% over the stock's closing price of $3.89 on December 15, 2011.
If you own stock in ISTA and want to discuss your rights with regard to ISTA's rejection of the Valeant offer, or if you have any questions, please contact Mark Alan Delaney at (617) 398-5650 or Mark@blockesq.com.
The attorneys at Block & Leviton LLP have more than 40 years of experience in representing individual and institutional investors in shareholder rights actions and throughout their careers have achieved significant recoveries for their clients.This may constitute attorney advertising. SOURCE Block & Leviton LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV