Williams Partners LP (WPZ): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
Williams Partners (WPZ) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Williams Partners fell $3.06 (-5.1%) to $57.45 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Williams Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 266,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $57.45-$60.90 after having opened the day at $60.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.51. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Pure Bioscience (PURE), down 12.4%, Lightbridge (LTBR), down 9.9%, Altair Nanotechnologies (ALTI), down 6.5%, and Rentech (RTK), down 6.3%. Williams Partners L.P. focuses on natural gas transportation, gathering, treating and processing, storage, natural gas liquid fractionation, and oil transportation activities in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Gas Pipeline, and Midstream Gas and Liquids. Williams Partners has a market cap of $17.32 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, above the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 14.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 29.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Williams Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Williams Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Williams Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV