Pharmasset Inc. (VRUS): Today's Featured Drugs Loser
Pharmasset (VRUS) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Pharmasset fell $4.04 (-3.2%) to $123.75 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.1 million shares of Pharmasset exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $122.53-$125.69 after having opened the day at $125.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $127.79. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: StemCells (STEM), down 40.7%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company (AXN), down 34.2%, Inhibitex (INHX), down 19.5%, and K-V Pharmaceutical Company (KV.B), down 17.7%. Pharmasset, Inc., a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, engages in discovering, developing, and commercializing novel drugs to treat viral infections. Pharmasset has a market cap of $9.68 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 487.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Pharmasset a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Pharmasset as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, weak operating cash flow and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Pharmasset Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV