Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (SID) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Companhia Siderurgica Nacional fell 5 cents (-0.7%) to $7.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.7 million shares of Companhia Siderurgica Nacional exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of five million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.48-$7.67 after having opened the day at $7.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.62. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Crosshair Energy (CXZ), down 6.7%, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation (TRX), down 5.8%, Taseko Mines Ltd NPL (TGB), down 4.8%, and Polymet Mining (PLM), down 4.7%. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional primarily operates as an integrated steel producer in Brazil and Latin America. The company principally produces carbon steel and various steel products. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional has a market cap of $11.17 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.4, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 4.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 54.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Companhia Siderurgica Nacional a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Companhia Siderurgica Nacional as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally poor debt management and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SID
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV