NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ): Today's Featured Financial Services Loser
NASDAQ OMX Group (NDAQ) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, NASDAQ OMX Group fell 22 cents (-0.9%) to $24.03 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of NASDAQ OMX Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.98-$24.52 after having opened the day at $24.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.25. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Ameritrans Capital Corporation (AMTC), down 32.4%, Palmetto (PLMT), down 10.3%, Paulson Capital (PLCC), down 9.4%, and Siebert Financial Corporation (SIEB), down 8.4%. The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. provides trading, clearing, exchange technology, securities listing, and public company services worldwide. NASDAQ OMX Group has a market cap of $4.26 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate NASDAQ OMX Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NASDAQ OMX Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full NASDAQ OMX Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV