McKesson Inc. (MCK): Today's Featured Wholesale Winner
McKesson (MCK) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, McKesson rose 79 cents (1%) to $77.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of McKesson exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.46-$78.99 after having opened the day at $77.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.91. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: Peerless Systems Corporation (PRLS), up 8%, China Auto Logistics (CALI), up 7.5%, L.B. Foster Company (FSTR), up 6.7%, and SMF Energy Corporation (FUEL), up 6.1%. McKesson Corporation delivers medicines, pharmaceutical supplies, information, and care management products and services for the healthcare industry. McKesson has a market cap of $18.83 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.9, above the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 17 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate McKesson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates McKesson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full McKesson Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV