Gol Intelligent Airlines Inc. (GOL): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Gol Intelligent Airlines (GOL) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Gol Intelligent Airlines fell 17 cents (-2.2%) to $7.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Gol Intelligent Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.53-$7.89 after having opened the day at $7.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.81. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Seanergy Maritime (SHIP), down 19.4%, Globus Maritime (GLBS), down 12%, FreeSeas (FREE), down 9.1%, and DS Torm (TRMD), down 6.8%. Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. operates as a low-cost low-fare airline in Latin America. Gol Intelligent Airlines has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 49.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Gol Intelligent Airlines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gol Intelligent Airlines as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Gol Intelligent Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV