Eni SpA (E) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Eni SpA fell 87 cents (-2.2%) to $39.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 740,321 shares of Eni SpA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.05-$39.90 after having opened the day at $39.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.14. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Delta Petroleum Corporation (DPTR), down 39.4%, Recovery Energy (RECV), down 17.2%, Mission NewEnergy (MNEL), down 16.3%, and Cano Petroleum (CFW), down 15.6%. Eni SpA, an integrated energy company, engages in the exploration, production, transportation, transformation, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni SpA has a market cap of $72.67 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.1, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 11.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Eni SpA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Eni SpA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Eni SpA Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about E
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV