6 Stocks Hitting New Highs
Sourcefire (FIRE) is a provider of cybersecurity solutions for information technology, environments of commercial enterprises, including healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, energy, education, retail and telecommunications companies, and federal, state and local government organizations worldwide. This stock is trading up 4.3% at $35.27 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $35.90 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $34.00-$35.9052-Week Range: $22.60-$35.90 Volume: 767,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 452,767 Sourcefire has a market cap of $1.01 billion and an enterprise value of $840 million. This stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 160.68. This stock also trades at a price-to-sales of 6.45 and a price-to-book of 5.30. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Sourcefire is extremely high at 22.3%. From a technical standpoint, FIRE is very close to triggering a major breakout if the stock can manage to sustain a high-volume move and close above $34.74 to $35.27. At last check, the stock has already registered above average volume, so look for a close either today or next week above those levels, and also above today's high of $35.90. If we see that action soon, then look for a big short-squeeze to develop since this name is so heavily shorted. To see more stocks hitting new 52-week highs today, check out the Stocks Hitting New 52-Week Highs portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV