6 Stocks Hitting New Highs
Duke Energy (DUK) is an energy company primarily located in the Americas. Duke Energy operates in the U.S. primarily through its direct and indirect wholly-owned subsidiaries. This stock is trading up 0.02% at $21.05 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $21.22 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $20.93-$21.2252-Week Range: $16.87-$21.22 Volume: 8.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 14.3 million Duke Energy has a market cap of $27.96 billion and an enterprise value of $45.97 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 15.18 and a forward price-to-earnings of 14.67. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -0.70%, and for next year it's pegged at 0.70%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Duke Energy sits at 3.9% From a technical standpoint, DUK has started to trigger a breakout trade now that the stock is moving above some past overhead resistance at $20.77 on low volume. I am saying "low volume" because it's well below its average action of 14.3 million shares, as of last check. Market players should watch for DUK to continue to trend higher as long as the stock closes above $20.77 and the volume gets at least near 14.3 million at the close. Duke, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated electric utility stocks, shows up on a recent list of 15 High-Yield Momentum Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV