6 Stocks Hitting New Highs
Altria Group (MO), through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the U.S. and internationally. This stock is trading down 0.24% to $29.04 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $29.47 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $29.00-$29.4752-Week Range: $23.20-$29.25 Volume: 9.3 million Three-Month Average Volume: 14.4 million Altria Group has a market cap of $59.58 billion and an enterprise value of $70.44 billion. This stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 17.36 and a forward price-to-earnings of 13.25. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 7.4% and for next year it's pegged at 7.4%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Altria Group is very low at 1.2%. From a technical standpoint, MO recently triggered a major breakout once it broke out above some past overhead resistance at $28.14 on monster volume. As long as MO can continue to trend above $28.14 and the upside volume remains solid, then traders should look to play this stock with a bullish bias off any weakness. Altria shows up on recent lists of Merrill Lynchs 10 Favorite Stocks for 2012 and 20 Winning Stocks Set to Post New Highs in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV