6 Stocks Hitting New Highs
Charming Shoppes (CHRS) is a multi-brand, specialty apparel retailer with a market share in women's plus-size specialty apparel. This stock is trading up 3.45% to $4.80 in recent trading, after it hit a 52-week high of $5 earlier today.
Today's Range: $4.70-$5.0052-Week Range: $2.29-$5.00 Volume: 3.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 2.6 million Charming Shoppes has a market cap of $551.20 million and an enterprise value of $526 million. This stock trades at a forward price-to-earnings of 21.50. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 121.9%, and for next year it's pegged at 214.3%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Charming Shoppes is very high at is 17.3%. From a technical standpoint, CHRS is very close to triggering a major breakout if the stock can manage to sustain a high-volume move and close above some near-term overhead resistance at $4.91. At last check, the volume is very strong and is already trending above CHRS's average action. Traders should now look for the stock to close above $4.91 and near the daily high of $5.00. If we get that action either today, or in the near future, then look for CHRS to trade back towards $6 to $7.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV