4. Sysco (SYY)Forward yield: 3.7%
Sysco distributes food products to restaurants, health care and educational facilities, and hotels. The company operates 177 distribution facilities serving about 400,000 customers and generates more than $39 billion in annual sales. Sysco has increased dividends 43 times in 40 years.In the past five years, earnings have grown roughly 8% a year. Although earnings were flat year-over-year at $1.2 billion in the fiscal year ended July 2, 2011, EPS was 4% higher at $1.94 compared with $1.86 in 2010. In November, Sysco hiked the dividend by 4% to a $1.08 annual rate. The new dividend is payable on Jan. 27, 2012, to shareholders of record on Jan. 6, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV