The Dow component said Friday its board has approved a 2.3% increase in its quarterly payout to 44 cents per common shares from 43 cents. The boost brings the company's annual dividend to $1.76 a share, implying a whopping forward yield of 6.1% at the current stock levels.
|AT&T announced it was raising its dividend|
Randall Stephenson, AT&T's chairman and CEO, said in a statement that the company was able to raise its dividend because it exercised financial discipline throughout the economic downturn."As a result, we're pleased to be able to increase our stockholders' quarterly dividend for an industry-leading 28th consecutive year," Stephenson said. "We know millions of our owners are individuals and they count on their AT&T dividend each quarter. It's a responsibility to our owners that we take seriously." The dividend is payable on Feb. 1 to shareholders of record on Jan. 10. Shares of AT&T were off 7 cents to $28.72 in afternoon trades. Year-to-date, the stock is down 2%. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV