YORK, S.C., Dec. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- AJAX Rolled Ring & Machine ( www.ajaxring.com) announces a 15,000-square-foot expansion of its York facilities. The expansion will bring nine new jobs to the area in 2012, with 25 new jobs expected over time. This $2-million-dollar facility is the first significant plant expansion at AJAX since the operation was established in York in 1980.
AJAX Rolled Ring & Machine is a premier supplier to the North American industrial ring rolling market. The new facility will expand AJAX's machining capacity and capabilities, and will allow AJAX to supply finish-machined rings to exacting specifications as required by its customers. The company serves the bearings industry, including The Timken Company and SKF Group, and gear manufacturers. It also serves OEM (original equipment manufacturer) customers such as Caterpillar, General Electric and Joy Global/ P&H Mining.
A groundbreaking ceremony will take place on Monday, December 19, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at 500 Wallace Road. Expected to attend are York Mayor J. Edward Lee and many state and local dignitaries.
"This is an exciting first step in our long-term growth strategy," says AJAX CEO Simon Ormerod. "Expanding our machining operations is a logical progression for AJAX, allowing us to grow our business and provide more value to our customers."AJAX has approximately 100 employees, some of whom have been with the company since it rolled its first ring. AJAX is a wholly owned subsidiary of New York based Prospect Capital Corporation (NasdaqNM: PSEC), a public equity company with assets exceeding $800 million. SOURCE AJAX Rolled Ring & Machine
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV