3. Carmax (KMX) buys, reconditions and sells used and new vehicles in its superstores and franchises in the U.S. KMX will announce third-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Dec. 21.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $89.14 million, or 38 cents per share, compared to $82.36 million, or 36 cents per share, in the same quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $2.26 billion, an increase of 7% from $2.12 billion recorded in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
EBITDA grew 12% to $166.17 million, as compared to $148.56 million. Operating profit for the period is seen growing 8% to $144.5 million. The company's cash value per share is expected to increase to 54 cents from negative 6 cents.Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 65% recommend a buy and 29% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 17.8% to $35.39 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV