4. Steel Case (SCS) is an office furniture manufacturer. SCS will announce third-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Dec. 21.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $24.93 million, or 19 cents per share, compared to $23.5 million, or 18 cents per share, in the same quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $707.33 million, an increase of 5% from $672.6 million recorded in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
Operating profit for the period is seen growing 11% to $38.53 million. Return on equity during the quarter rose to 12.84% from negative 0.5% earlier, while return on assets increased to 4.55% from negative 0.2%. The company's book value per share is expected to have increased to $5.57 from $5.34.Of the five analysts covering the stock, three recommend a buy and two rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 74.6% to $11.88 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV