6. Bed, Bath & Beyond (BBBY) operates a nationwide chain of retail stores selling home items, including furnishings, food, gift items, health and beauty care products and infant and toddler merchandise. BBBY will announce third-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Dec. 21.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $213.72 million, or 88 cents per share, compared to $188.57 million, or 74 cents per share, in the same quarter last year, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $2.35 billion, an increase of 7% from $2.19 billion recorded in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
Operating profit for the period is seen growing 14% to $346.87 million. Return on equity during the quarter is expected to rise to 23.30% from 20.39% earlier, while return on assets is expected to have increased to 15.50% from 14%.Of the 30 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend a buy and 40% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 9.3% to $66.86 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV