7. Oracle (ORCL) makes business software. The company will announce second-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Dec. 20.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $2.93 billion, or 57 cents per share, as compared to net income of $2.63 billion, or 51 cents per share, in the corresponding quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $9.23 billion, up 7% from $8.65 billion recorded in the earlier year's third quarter. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 0.8%.
Operating profit for the quarter is pegged at $4.17 billion, an increase of 39% from $3.01 billion in same quarter last fiscal. Return on equity is seen expanding to 27.25% from 21.87%, while return on assets is seen at 16% from 11.19% earlier. Also, gross margin is seen increasing to 77.44% from 74.87% earlier.Of the 44 analysts covering the stock, 82% recommend a buy, while 16% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 25.4% to $36.41 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV