8. Nike (NKE - Get Report) makes athletic shoes and related products. It sells its products through retail outlets, owned stores and distributors. The company will announce second-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Dec. 20.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $457.5 million, or 97 cents per share, compared to $457.00 million, or 94 cents per share, in the corresponding quarter last year, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $5.63 billion, up 16% from $4.84 billion recorded in the same quarter last year.
Operating profit is expected to rise by 4% to $603.22 million from $582 million in the year-ago quarter. EBITDA is seen rising 5% to $699.33 million from $665 million in the same quarter last year. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 1.3%.Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 64% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 12% to $105.35 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts