10. Red Hat (RHI)makes open source software and services, including the Red Hat Linux operating system. Red Hat will announce third-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Dec. 19.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $51.55 million, or 26 cents per share, compared to $39.06 million, or 20 cents per share, in the same quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $289.6 million, an increase of 23% from $235.6 million recorded in the earlier-year period.
Operating profit for the quarter is seen increasing 72% to $65.38 million from $37.96 million in the same quarter prior fiscal year. Meanwhile, return on equity is seen expanding to 8.85% from 8.38%, while return on assets is seen at 5.60%, compared to 5.00% earlier. Gross margin is pegged at 84.09% from 83.13% earlier.Of the 25 analysts covering the stock, 68% recommend a buy and 24% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 10.1% to $50.90 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV