OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) â¿¿ Metal and plastics supplier A.M. Castle & Co. said Friday that it has completed its $165 million acquisition of Tube Supply Inc.
Tube Supply, a Houston supplier of tubes and bars for the oil and gas industry, generated revenue of $208 million for the 12-month period ended Oct. 31.
The acquired company will be led by Nick Jones, who is the current president of A.M. Castle's metals oil and gas subsidiary. Tube Supply's current management, including founders Paul Sorensen and Jerry Willeford, will remain with the company.
A.M. Castle shares rose 45 cents, or 5.6 percent, to $8.46 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV