OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) â¿¿ Metal and plastics supplier A.M. Castle & Co. said Friday that it has completed its $165 million acquisition of Tube Supply Inc.
Tube Supply, a Houston supplier of tubes and bars for the oil and gas industry, generated revenue of $208 million for the 12-month period ended Oct. 31.
The acquired company will be led by Nick Jones, who is the current president of A.M. Castle's metals oil and gas subsidiary. Tube Supply's current management, including founders Paul Sorensen and Jerry Willeford, will remain with the company.
A.M. Castle shares rose 45 cents, or 5.6 percent, to $8.46 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV