4. Las Vegas Sands (LVS) is a leading developer of resorts with gaming and entertainment features. Through its majority-owned subsidiary Sands China, the company also owns a suite of properties in Macau.
Of the 29 analysts covering the stock, 79% recommend a buy and 17% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $58.50, or 43.4% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, LVS reported net revenue of $2.41 billion, up 26.2% from $1.91 billion in the same quarter prior year. Net income attributable to shareholders increased 110.5% to $353.6 million from $168 million in the third quarter of 2010, while diluted earnings per share increased 109.5% to 44 cents from 21 cents in the prior-year quarter. The company paid a final quarterly dividend of $2.5 per share on Nov. 15.Consolidated adjusted property EBITDA increased 43.2% in the third quarter to $924.1 million from $645.2 million in the year-ago quarter. The EBITDA margin also increased 460 basis points to 38.4% in the third quarter from 33.8% in same quarter last year. LVS is planning to build a $2 billion tourism complex in Ho Chi Minh City, which will be an integrated resort comprising of hotels, restaurants, exhibitions, conferences, a shopping center and other entertainment and recreational facilities, according to a Vietnamese state media reports citing the company's chairman Sheldon Adelson. Currently, LVS is also constructing a 6,400-room complex at the Cotai Strip, featuring the Sheraton and St. Regis hotel brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV