4. Las Vegas Sands (LVS) is a leading developer of resorts with gaming and entertainment features. Through its majority-owned subsidiary Sands China, the company also owns a suite of properties in Macau.
Of the 29 analysts covering the stock, 79% recommend a buy and 17% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $58.50, or 43.4% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, LVS reported net revenue of $2.41 billion, up 26.2% from $1.91 billion in the same quarter prior year. Net income attributable to shareholders increased 110.5% to $353.6 million from $168 million in the third quarter of 2010, while diluted earnings per share increased 109.5% to 44 cents from 21 cents in the prior-year quarter. The company paid a final quarterly dividend of $2.5 per share on Nov. 15.Consolidated adjusted property EBITDA increased 43.2% in the third quarter to $924.1 million from $645.2 million in the year-ago quarter. The EBITDA margin also increased 460 basis points to 38.4% in the third quarter from 33.8% in same quarter last year. LVS is planning to build a $2 billion tourism complex in Ho Chi Minh City, which will be an integrated resort comprising of hotels, restaurants, exhibitions, conferences, a shopping center and other entertainment and recreational facilities, according to a Vietnamese state media reports citing the company's chairman Sheldon Adelson. Currently, LVS is also constructing a 6,400-room complex at the Cotai Strip, featuring the Sheraton and St. Regis hotel brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV