MVC Capital, Inc. (NYSE: MVC), a publicly traded business development company that makes private debt and equity investments, has announced that its board of directors has declared a dividend of $0.12 per share, or a total of approximately $2.9 million, to be distributed to shareholders for the first quarter of fiscal 2012. The dividend is payable on January 6, 2012 to shareholders of record on December 30, 2011. This distribution represents the twenty-seventh consecutive quarterly dividend paid by the Fund since implementing a dividend policy in July of 2005. These quarterly dividends have resulted in approximately $77 million in distributions to the Fund’s shareholders.
The amount and specific timing of any future dividends paid pursuant to the Fund's quarterly dividend policy will be determined by the board of directors each quarter.
About MVC Capital, Inc.MVC Capital is a Business Development Company traded on the New York Stock Exchange that provides long-term debt and equity investment capital to fund growth, acquisitions and recapitalizations of companies in a variety of industries. For MVC's investor relations, please call 914-510-9400. All media inquiries should be directed to Nathaniel Garnick at 212-687-8080. Forward-Looking Statements The information contained in this press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions. Certain factors could cause actual results and conditions to differ materially from those projected in these forward-looking statements, and these factors are enumerated in the company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV