Friday's 5 Biggest Stories
Fitch Ratings cut the ratings on seven banks Thursday. Nobody was surprised.
Give it up for
Congress! Our lawmakers actually avoided a government shutdown again this year!
By my count, it was the 782nd debate between the
GOP presidential candidates last night, and the last before the Iowa caucuses.
Quote of the Day"Historically, short-sellers have tended to be right a surprising amount of the time, at least in cases where the company grew upset enough to publicly complain," New York Times reporter Floyd Norris writes in an article questioning the curbing of short sales.
Company NewsAfter a weak outlook from Research In Motion (RIMM), investors want co-CEOs' heads to roll.
MarketsWhy the collapse of MF Global makes no sense.
Investment StrategyWhy now is the time to buy U.S. equities.
Odds and EndsJournalist and political critic Christopher Hitchens has died at the age of 62.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV