Play with life…for free*! EA Mobile™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ:ERTS) and the world’s leading mobile games publisher, today announced the launch of The Sims™ FreePlay, a brand new app that lets users experience the best-selling** life-simulation franchise The Sims™ on iPad®, iPhone® and iPod Touch®. In The Sims FreePlay, players can build, customize and orchestrate a town of Sims for free on their mobile devices, including a version optimized for the iPad for the first time.
The Sims FreePlay offers countless ways to play, giving fans the ability to:
- Develop the storylines of up to 16 different Sims—from fashionistas and party animals to geeks and vigilantes—who all live simultaneously in a world that follows a real-time, 24-hour clock
- Choose from 1,200 ways to customize their dream homes or get fully-furnished houses for their Sims
- Form relationships between their Sims with a slap, a high-five—and sometimes even some Woohoo!
- Take part in meaningful activities from caring for pets to growing gardens—even baking
- Give their Sims careers and earn Simoleans to improve their situations
“ The Sims FreePlay app is a huge step forward in our mobile strategy,” said Bernard Kim, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for EA Interactive. “We’ve taken a franchise that is a best-selling brand in nearly every major video game market worldwide, optimized it for iPad and made it free for all iOS users. That opens the door for our mobile business to continue to grow while immersing new fans in a brand as wildly popular as The Sims.”
The free mobile game is also packed full of challenges and opportunities to earn Simoleans, the in-game currency that increases the fun. From career-based achievements to simple actions such as checking each of their Sims’ virtual mailboxes daily, players can earn Simoleans and rewards that help them make a town bustle with pet stores, car dealerships and supermarkets. Lifestyle Points can also be purchased to allow users to blaze through levels, unlock features early and purchase hip items.