Who's Killing the CFPB? We Are.
This would mean, if we limited the universe only to complaints made to the FTC, every day in 2010 about 20 consumers were subjected to truly illegal practices, and another 40 were unduly harassed. And all indications are that that number is increasing in 2011. At this point, we're probably above three people per hour--24 hours a day, seven days a week--being persecuted.
In the face of this, Congress, or part thereof, saw fit to continue its effort to render the CFPB impotent by stopping the nomination of Richard Cordray.
So the next time (or if ever) you, your spouse, your significant other, your parent, your child, your sibling, friend or neighbor receives one of those "incredibly rare," yet disturbing, calls from someone who claims that they are owed money--especially if they aren't--think about the gang of 45 and remember this:
They didn't come from a test tube. They aren't the descendents of extra-terrestrials. They weren't appointed by Zeus and the Pantheon of gods. They didn't magically appear next to a burning bush.A bunch of us elected them. How's that working for you? More from Credit.com: >>8 Credit Score Myths Debunked >>The Best Credit Cards in America: Airline Miles and Low Interest >>Underwater On Your Home? Your Six Options
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV