Raytheon Company (RTN): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
Raytheon Company (RTN) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Raytheon Company rose 46 cents (1%) to $45.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Raytheon Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.28-$45.71 after having opened the day at $45.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.92. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: NF Energy Saving (NFEC), up 19.5%, Apogee (APOG), up 16%, India Globalization Capital (IGC), up 7.5%, and Pure Cycle Corporation (PCYO), up 7.2%. Raytheon Company designs, develops, manufactures, integrates, and supports technological products, services, and solutions for governmental and commercial customers in the United States and internationally. Raytheon Company has a market cap of $15.55 billion and is part of the aerospace/defense industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.9, below the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of nine and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Raytheon Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Raytheon Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Raytheon Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV