Pacific Ethanol (PEIX) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Pacific Ethanol fell 20 cents (-19.3%) to 86 cents on average volume. Throughout the day, 12.3 million shares of Pacific Ethanol exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between 84 cents-$1 after having opened the day at $1 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.06. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), down 15.8%, Pure Bioscience (PURE), down 6.3%, Gulf Resources (GURE), down 3.5%, and TPC Group (TPCG), down 2.7%. Pacific Ethanol, Inc. produces and markets low carbon renewable fuels in the western United States, primarily in California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, and Washington. The company offers ethanol and its co-products, including wet distillers grains. Pacific Ethanol has a market cap of $88.7 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 77.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Pacific Ethanol a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Pacific Ethanol as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Pacific Ethanol Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PEIX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV