EOG Resources (EOG): Today's Featured Energy Winner
EOG Resources (EOG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $1.27 (1.4%) to $94.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $93.01-$95.56 after having opened the day at $94.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.17. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Cano Petroleum (CFW), up 14.9%, Saratoga Resources (SARA), up 10.5%, New Concept Energy (GBR), up 7%, and GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), up 6.1%. EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas and crude oil primarily in the United States, Canada, the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, and the People's Republic of China. EOG Resources has a market cap of $26.48 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.5, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 25.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full EOG Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV