Anixter International (AXE) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Anixter International fell 39 cents (-0.7%) to $57.12 on light volume. Throughout the day, 155,118 shares of Anixter International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 351,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.80-$58.61 after having opened the day at $58.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.51. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: China Auto Logistics (CALI), down 11.1%, SMF Energy Corporation (FUEL), down 7.4%, China Armco Metals (CNAM), down 6.9%, and Shengkai Innovations (VALV), down 6.5%. Anixter International Inc., together with its subsidiaries, distributes communications products, electrical wire and cable products, fasteners, and other small parts. Anixter International has a market cap of $1.93 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, below the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 12.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Anixter International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Anixter International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Anixter International Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AXE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV