The pricing came in on the high end of the company's expected range of between $8.50 and $10 a share. Zynga is selling 100 million shares in the IPO with the stock set to make its debut on the Nasdaq on Friday.
|Zynga CEO Mark Pincus|
Analysts are largely mixed on how well Zynga will perform in the public markets.
Hudson Square analyst Daniel Ernst remains "positive on the offering" and believes its valuation is reasonable.Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia , meanwhile, has already initiated coverage of the company with an underperform rating and said the company's valuation is "not justified." Earlier on Thursday, Zynga updated its S-1 filing to expand on the risks of losing its CEO and founder Mark Pincus after Google (GOOG) chairman Eric Schmidt called him a "fearsome, strong negotiator." Pincus had previously been criticized in reports for creating an overly aggressive and hard-charging culture at the company. Zynga's offering comes at the end of a strong week for IPOs. Business software company Jive Software (JIVE) opened up 27% in its debut on Tuesday. Luxury fashion brand Michael Kors (KORS) also spiked 25% on its first day of trading on the NYSE Thursday. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV