United Bankshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: UBSI), today announced that it has been added to the S&P High Yield Dividends Aristocrats ® Index, which measures the performance of the 60 highest dividend yielding S&P Composite 1500 ® Index constituents that have increased dividends every year for at least 25 consecutive years. United is one of only two major banking companies in the U.S. to have achieved such a record.
“2011 marks the 38th consecutive year of dividend increases to United shareholders and demonstrates a long history of strong financial performance,” stated Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Adams. “Our dedicated employees and our loyal customers have been the driving force for our continued success.”
United has received recognition by others in 2011. Chairman Richard Adams was selected as one of three finalists for Morningstar’s 2010 CEO of the Year, along with the Chief Executive Officers of Costco and Ford Motor Company. Additionally, West Virginia University Foundation honored UBSI as its 2011 Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation which honors donors who display exceptional generosity, commitment, leadership and proven records of outstanding civic and charitable devotion to the University.
United’s current market capitalization is $1.4 billion. United is also a member of the S&P Small Cap 600 Index, the Russell 2000 Index, and the Dow Jones U.S. Select Dividend Index SM which tracks the top 100 highest dividend-paying companies in the Dow Jones U.S. Index.United Bankshares, with $8.6 billion in consolidated assets, has 126 full-service offices in West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington, DC. United Bankshares stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the quotation symbol “ UBSI.” www.ubsi-inc.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV