Dejour Energy Inc. (NYSE AMEX: DEJ / TSX: DEJ) (“Dejour”), an independent oil and natural gas company, announces the results of its Annual General Meeting of shareholders held December 15, 2011 at the company’s Vancouver office. The following resolutions were carried at the Meeting:
1) Election of DirectorsShareholders elected Robert Hodgkinson, Darren Devine, Stephen R. Mut, Richard Patricio, Craig Sturrock, Robert Holmes and Harrison F. Blacker as directors for the ensuing year. The number of directors was fixed at seven.
2) Appointment of AuditorsShareholders appointed BDO Canada LLP as the Company’s auditors for the ensuing year. BDO’s remuneration will be fixed by the Board.
About DejourDejour Energy Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company operating projects in North America’s Piceance Basin (107,000 net acres) and Peace River Arch regions (15,000 net acres). Dejour’s seasoned management team has consistently been among early identifiers of premium energy assets, repeatedly timing investments and transactions to realize their value to shareholders' best advantage. Dejour maintains offices in Denver, USA, Calgary and Vancouver, Canada. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange Amex (NYSE AMEX: DEJ) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: DEJ). Statements Regarding Forward-Looking Information: This news release contains statements about oil and gas production and operating activities that may constitute "forward-looking statements" or “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable securities legislation as they involve the implied assessment that the resources described can be profitably produced in the future, based on certain estimates and assumptions. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections that involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by Dejour and described in the forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and other factors include, but are not limited to, adverse general economic conditions, operating hazards, drilling risks, inherent uncertainties in interpreting engineering and geologic data, competition, reduced availability of drilling and other well services, fluctuations in oil and gas prices and prices for drilling and other well services, government regulation and foreign political risks, fluctuations in the exchange rate between Canadian and US dollars and other currencies, as well as other risks commonly associated with the exploration and development of oil and gas properties. Additional information on these and other factors, which could affect Dejour’s operations or financial results, are included in Dejour’s reports on file with Canadian and United States securities regulatory authorities. We assume no obligation to update forward-looking statements should circumstances or management's estimates or opinions change unless otherwise required under securities law. The TSX does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV