Delaware Smid Cap Growth (DFDIX) ("smid" for small- and mid-cap)
Performance: up 10.3%; three-year annualized return of 29%, placing it in the top 1% of its category. It has a 15-year average annual return of 8%.Fund Profile: Christopher Bonavico and Kenneth Broad, co-managers since the start of 2010, take a long-term view to investing in quality growth stocks trading at a discount to intrinsic value. Assets: $1 billion Top picks: Weight Watchers International (WTW), the largest holding at 5.7%, up 56%; Perrigo (PRGO), the second-largest holding at 5.2%, up 54%; Peet's Coffee (PEET), 4% of fund, up 45%.
GMO Quality (GQETX) Performance: up 10%; three-year annualized return of 12.5%. Fund Profile: This fund invests only in companies with below-average debt and above-average profitability and earnings stability. Its managers, including William Joyce, are bottom-up stock-pickers. As a result, the portfolio is currently made up of large-cap companies in the consumer staples, health-care and technology sectors, with no significant exposure to financials. The fund is aimed at institutional investors, as the smallest initial investment in the various share classes is $10 million. Assets: $18 billion Top picks: Microsoft (MSFT), at 5.8% of the fund, down 5%; Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), 5.7% of fund, up 6%; Philip-Morris (PM), up 33%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV