10 Best Funds for Your Retirement
NEW YORK (TheStreet Ratings) -- TheStreet.com Ratings reviews the risk-adjusted return performance of around 25,000 funds every month. There is no time like the present to select from among the best rated asset allocation funds to build a retirement nest egg.
If you are planning to retire in about 30 years, take a look at the following funds targeted for a retirement in the year 2040. Each of the fund families offers additional funds with a variety of retirement dates attempting to match your particular retirement date goal. The benefit of holding a target date fund is that, over time, the allocation of the portfolio becomes more conservative by shifting from stocks to bonds.
Here are the 10 best 2040 retirement funds:
10. John Hancock Funds II Lifecycle 2040 Portfolio R1John Hancock Funds II Lifecycle 2040 Portfolio R1 (JLIDX) seeks high total return until its target retirement date. The fund which is a fund of funds, invests, substantially all of its assets in underlying funds using an asset allocation strategy designed for investors expected to retire in 2040. Expense Ratio: 1.98% Load: 0.00% Rated "C+" by TheStreet Ratings:
9. Oppenheimer Transition 2040 NOppenheimer Transition 2040 N (OTINX) has an investment objective to seek total return until the target retirement date included in its name and then seeks income and secondarily capital growth. The fund is a fund of funds which invests in diversified portfolio of underlying funds. The fund may invest 85% of its assets in equity securities and 15% in fixed income securities and other securities. Expense Ratio: 1.66% Load: 0.00% Rated "C+" by TheStreet Ratings:
8. PIMCO RealRetirement 2040 RPIMCO RealRetirement 2040 R (POFRX) seeks to maximize real return, consistent with preservation of real capital during the accumulation years and current income during the retirement years. The fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing in underlying funds. The fund may invest up to 30% of its total assets directly in securities denominated in foreign currencies and may invest beyond this limit in US dollar-denominated securities of foreign issuers. The fund may invest up to 15% of its total assets directly in securities and instruments that are economically tied to emerging market countries. The fund may limit its foreign currency exposure to 20% of its total assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV