10 Mid-Cap Stocks Analysts Love
3. Tempur-Pedic International (TPX) makes mattresses and pillows, selling them in over 80 countries worldwide under the Tempur and Tempur-Pedic brands.
Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 73% recommend a buy and 27% suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings. The stock's average 12-month price target is $76.33, about 51.4% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
Net revenue for 2011 third quarter rose 30% to $383.1 million from $295.8 million in the same quarter last year. Revenue from North America was up 30% year-over-year, while international revenue surged 28% year-over-year. Gross profit margin improved to 52.4% from 51.0% in the third quarter of 2010, due to improved manufacturing and a fixed cost leverage related to higher production volumes. The company reported net income of $61.9 million, or 90 cents during the quarter under review, vs. $44.2 million or 62 cents in the third quarter of 2010. During the quarter, TPX bought 1.34 million shares of its common stock valued $80.0 million.The company recently said it will add 100 jobs in its Albuquerque facility by 2013, hiring nearly 50% of new employees in early 2012. Temper has raised its financial guidance for full year 2011, pegging net sales between $1.405 billion and $1.425 billion and EPS in the range of $3.12 to $3.17 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV