4. Jarden (JAH) is a provider of business solutions for consumer, outdoor, branded consumables and process markets. The company generates most of its revenue in the U.S., but has operations in Canada, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, eight recommend a buy and two suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings. The stock's average 12-month price target is $43.50, about 49.1% higher than the current price, according to a consensus of analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Net revenue for 2011 third quarter grew 11% to $1.8 billion from $1.6 million in the third quarter of 2010. Organic sales surged more than 5% year over year. Net income for the quarter stood at $90.7 million, or $1.03 per diluted share, vs. net income of $80.6 million, or 90 cents per share in the same quarter of the prior year. Jarden paid regular quarterly cash dividend of 8.625 cents per share on Oct. 31 to stockholders of record Oct. 3.Early December, the company's wholly owned subsidiary Pure Fishing announced acquiring the assets of Beyond Fishing and Sporting Goods in South Africa, Jarden's first direct venture in Africa. Jarden expects strong momentum next year and targets $5.00 adjusted earnings per share by 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV