5. Crown Holdings (CCK - Get Report) manufactures, designs and sells packaging material used in consumer goods. The company operates in three geographic divisions: the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 92% recommend a buy and 8% suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg have average 12-month price target of $43.50, which is 35% higher than the current price.
Net income for 2011 third quarter was reported at $129 million, or 84 cents per diluted share, on revenue of $2,423 million, compared to $126 million, or 78 cents per diluted share, on revenue of $2,205 million in the same quarter prior year. The company's global beverage cans unit sales improved 3% year-over-year. Gross profit rose 5% to $396 million from $377 million during the third quarter of 2010, including $14 million from foreign currency translation.The company expects 2011 earnings per diluted share (EPS) to be in the range of $2.75 to $2.85.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts