7. Albemarle (ALB), a specialty chemicals developer operates in three segments: Polymer Solutions, Catalysts and Fine Chemicals.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg estimate 29.9% upside to $62.44 in value from current levels.
For the third quarter of 2011, the company reported net sales of $723 million, compared to $585 million in the year-ago quarter. Net income for the quarter increased to $116.1 million, or $1.28 per diluted share, from $93.7 million, or $1.02 per diluted share, in the third quarter prior year. By segment, catalysts generated 39%, while fine chemicals recorded 30%.Early November, the company received the Biodiesel Corporation of the Year award from the World Refining Association for successfully developing and commercializing highly engineered basic trans-esterification catalysts for the production of fatty acid methyl-ester biodiesel. The company also has partnered with Southern Microbiological Services to open an R&D microbiology lab in Baton Rouge. Albemarle, in collaboration with Louisiana State University and the Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices, has developed a method to increase the 3-D visualization of flame retardant and synergist components using element specific X-ray tomography. Looking ahead, the company expects business to be fundamentally strong and sees the second half of 2011 tracking the first half of 2011. It expects to end 2011 on a positive note, well positioned for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV