8. Watson Pharmaceuticals (WPI) manufactures and distributes generic and branded pharmaceutical products. It operates in Asia, Australia, Western Europe, Canada, South America and South Africa, with its commercial market being the U.S.
Thirteen of the 24 analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. There are no sell ratings on the stock. A consensus forecast of analysts polled by Bloomberg has an average 12-month price target of $76.44 for the stock, about 27.5% higher than the current price.
For the third quarter of 2011, Watson reported total revenue of $1.1 billion, up 23% from $882.4 million in the same quarter last year. Adjusted EBITDA rose 22% to $258.2 million, vs. $211.1 million in the third quarter 2010. GAAP diluted earnings per share stood at 54 cents, up from 21 cents in the prior-year quarter. Cash and marketable securities stood at $172.5 million, as of Sept. 30.In December, Watson Pharmaceuticals and Antares Pharma announced receiving approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Antares' topical oxybutynin gel 3% for the treatment of an overactive bladder. Same week, under a settlement with Teva Women's Health, Watson launched Amethia Lo (levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol and ethinyl estradiol) tablets, the generic equivalent of birth control medicine LoSeasonique. For full year 2011, Watson expects total revenue of over $4.5 billion. The company's generic, brand and distribution segments are expected to generate $3.3 billion, $445 million and $770 million, respectively. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share are expected in the range of $4.55 and $4.65.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts