8. Watson Pharmaceuticals (WPI) manufactures and distributes generic and branded pharmaceutical products. It operates in Asia, Australia, Western Europe, Canada, South America and South Africa, with its commercial market being the U.S.
Thirteen of the 24 analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. There are no sell ratings on the stock. A consensus forecast of analysts polled by Bloomberg has an average 12-month price target of $76.44 for the stock, about 27.5% higher than the current price.
For the third quarter of 2011, Watson reported total revenue of $1.1 billion, up 23% from $882.4 million in the same quarter last year. Adjusted EBITDA rose 22% to $258.2 million, vs. $211.1 million in the third quarter 2010. GAAP diluted earnings per share stood at 54 cents, up from 21 cents in the prior-year quarter. Cash and marketable securities stood at $172.5 million, as of Sept. 30.In December, Watson Pharmaceuticals and Antares Pharma announced receiving approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Antares' topical oxybutynin gel 3% for the treatment of an overactive bladder. Same week, under a settlement with Teva Women's Health, Watson launched Amethia Lo (levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol and ethinyl estradiol) tablets, the generic equivalent of birth control medicine LoSeasonique. For full year 2011, Watson expects total revenue of over $4.5 billion. The company's generic, brand and distribution segments are expected to generate $3.3 billion, $445 million and $770 million, respectively. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share are expected in the range of $4.55 and $4.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV