One stock with huge insider buying is NuStar Energy (NS), which is engaged in the terminalling and storage of petroleum products, the transportation of petroleum products and anhydrous ammonia, and asphalt refining and fuels marketing. Insiders are finding some value here since the stock is down over 20% in 2011.
NuStar Energy has a market cap of $3.48 billion and an enterprise value of $6 billion. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings ratio of 17.13 and a forward price-to-earnings of 16.76. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 1.7%, and for next year it's pegged at 9.9%. This is far from a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $59.21 million and its total debt is a whopping $2.57 billion. This stock sports a hefty dividend yield of 8.1%.A director just bought 187,000 shares, or almost $10 million worth of stock, at $53.45 per share.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV