NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets rose Thursday on encouraging U.S. jobless claims data.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 45.33, or 0.38%, to 11,868.81. The S&P 500 added 3.94, or 0.33%, to 1215.76. The Nasdaq added 1.70, or 0.07%, to 2541.01.
Guy Adami said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that Research In Motion's (RIMM), which was down 7% in after-hours trading after it reported weak guidance, should set up Friday as the capitulation day for the stock. He said it would give investors something to trade against in terms of being long.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV