Risks to Consider: Right now, the risks start and end with Europe. The U.S. economy appears to be on the mend, but a deep slump in Europe would blunt any momentum we may be seeing here at home.
Action to Take: Keep your expectations in check. Few of these stocks (outside of Ford, GM and Delta) appear capable of really big stock price gains in 2012. But all appear poised to deliver respectable 20% or even 30% returns in the coming year if the U.S. economy keeps showing signs of improvement.
Disclosure: Neither D. Sterman nor StreetAuthority, LLC hold positions in any securities mentioned in this article.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV